Luxor (Arabic: أَلْأُقْصُر Al ‘Uqṣur) the name of “Luxor” means “Palaces” and it is the premier travel destination in Upper (southern) Egypt and the Nile Valley. The dynastic and religious capital of Middle Kingdom and New Kingdom Egypt, A
The river Nile in Luxor divides the city for two banks:
- (1) East Bank : the town, the Luxor Temple, the Temple of Karnak, The Museum, trains, hotels, restaurants
- (2) West Bank : the location of the major ruins including Valley of the Kings, the Valley of the Queens and other important sites; the Western Valley ruins, and a few hotels.
Half Day East Bank
(Karnak & Luxor) temples
Start your half day tour, after picking you up from the hotel, to the east bank of Luxor where you will be accompanied by Private Egyptologist (English, French, Spanish, German or Italy) to visit the Karnak Temples, the greatest example of worship in history and was dedicated to the God Amon, his wife Mut and their son Khonsu. It was constructed from the beginning of the Middle Kingdom to the Graeco Roman Kingdom.
Move to Luxor Temple. It was built by Amunhotep III in 18th Dynasty in the New Kingdom and it was completed by Ramesses II during the 19th Dynasty. King Ramses II was the most famous king in the 19th Dynasty. He ruled Egypt for about 67 years. It was dedicated to the great god Amun-Ra, his wife Mut and their son Khonsu together representing the Theban triad. Enjoy visiting Obelisk of Ramses II in front of the 1st Pylon.
- Pick up services from your East Bank hotel in Luxor and return.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Private Egyptologist (English , French , German , Italy or Spanish)
- Mineral water on board the vehicle during the tour.
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- Entrance fees for all sites accepted just in Egyptian pounds
- If you have valid student card, then you will have discounted tickets for each payable ticket.
Tickets are: Karnak Temple 200 EGP, Luxor Temple 160 EGP
- Tipping for the driver and the guide (and it is up to you, No Pushing at all).
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
Duration: Approximately 4 Hours.
Pick-up Time: You can start from 6:00 to 15:00 Pm.
Trip runs: Everyday
car (1 to 2 persons) plus driver and guide
(3 to 9 persons) plus driver and guide
|Prices||55 $||75 $|
If your hotel at the west bank of Luxor you will add 5 $ for the Limousine and 10 $ for the Micro Bus.
The Above Prices are for the services not per person it means if you are 3 people or 9 people you will pay 75 $ together.